A Writer's Tool Box
Mostly Free Tools To Help You Grow Your Writing Income
Take The 1-Hour Free Master Course
Learn what I do to write articles that get premium results for a premium price.
YouTube Tutorials & Videos
Listen To The Podcast!
Build A Better Writer Portfolio Website + Free Setup Tutorial
- WorldTimeBuddy – The best way to align potential times for int’l meetings. (free)
- CheckVist – Make lists, brainstorms, etc. (free)
- Process.St – Brilliant workflow management and task sequencing tool. (freemium)
- Calendly – Easy and aesthetic appointment setter. Integrates with my calendar with reminders. (free)
- AirTable – Perfect for multi-project organization.
- Notion – Create a back-up for your brain.
- Pipefy – Simple sales lead sourcing and follow-up tool. (freemium)
- Trello – Visual online collaboration made easy and fun. I use this every day! (free)
- Slack – Create a private Slack channel for ALL client communication. (free)
- Samsung SSD – The $55 upgrade drive that made my desktop run better than new.
- External Hard Drive – Always back-up your entire computer and work! 2 terabytes.
- Logitech Webcam – High definition webcam for videos and client conferencing.
- Blue Yeti USB Mic – One of the best microphones out there for the money.
- Macbook (Gold, 12″) – Discontinued?
- AirPods – My favorite Apple product. Great for interviews, podcasts, etc.
- iPhone – Mobile conference (Zoom app).
- iMac (21.5″) – Where all the course-creation and video editing magic happens.
Online Writing Tools
- Research Organizer – Roam Research
- Headline Analyzer – Test headlines
- HemingwayApp – Keep sentences readable
- Text-to-Speech – Have drafts read to you
- Tone Analyzer – Be more likable
- Drafts Backup – Keep cloud backups
- Google Docs – Share client drafts
- Word Count – Analyze word usage
- Vocabulary – Mot juste in context
- Thesaurus – Reduce repetition
- Grammar – Write Englisher and goodlier
- Editors – Get help editing